Campus History

Campus History
Campus HistoryMatthys Elementary opened its doors in August of 1992 on the old grounds of South Houston Intermediate. The campus on 1500 Main Street in Pasadena was named after Walter Matthys, a long-serving former teacher and principal. In 1998, the campus was named a National Blue Ribbon School. Matthys is proud that many of the teachers from Matthys have gone on to become principals and district leaders. The campus currently has an enrollment of 627 students. 

List of Principals

-Gilbert DeLeon 1992-1998
-Dr. Karen Hickman 1998-2007
-Becky Vargas 2007-present